Falls can be devastating, every 14 seconds in America, an elderly person is treated in an emergency room for a fall-related injury. Even worse, every 29 minutes an older adult dies from a fall-related injury.
Thankfully The Therapy Network specializes in many aspects of fall prevention. Through a full evaluation we can help you determine what risk factors may lead to a fall for you. These risk factors can be as minor as your home environment having too many rugs; or they can be as serious as muscle weakness and reduced flexibility. Whatever the causes, TTN can help you prevent tragedy within your home with a simple and effective treatment plan.
Risk Factors Associated with Falls
- Muscle weakness and decreased flexibility
- Vision problems
- Multiple medications
- Other medical conditions such as Diabetes, Stroke, MS, Parkinson’s, etc.
- Home environment – throw rugs, pets, stairs
At TTN We Treat all Aspects of Fall Risks
- Evaluation by Dr. Edward Walko including medication review
- Evaluation by a Physical Therapist including
- Biosway testing
- Balance testing
- Mobility testing
- Vestibular testing
- We arrange to have your vision examined as needed
- We assist in identifying issues in the home environment