If you seek an effective way to recover from an injury or prevent future ones, look no further than Aquatic Therapy. The Therapy Network in coastal Virginia offers Aquatic Therapy sessions that can be your ticket to improved well-being and an active lifestyle.
What is Aquatic Therapy?
Simply, it involves personalized, hands-on therapy techniques and specific body movements designed for water use. How do Aquatic Therapy exercises promote recovery and wellness?
Imagine exercising in an environment where gravity’s effects are reduced, and joint strain is minimized. Water provides natural buoyancy, making recovery and wellness, with Aquatic Therapy an ideal choice for rehabilitation after an illness or injury.
Your Therapy Network therapist will use specially designed exercise equipment and aids like floats and balls to assist you during your sessions. Through targeted exercises and movements, you will experience the benefits of this low-impact yet highly efficient form of Therapy.
7 Benefits of Pool Exercise
Let’s take a closer look at the remarkable benefits of Aquatic Therapy and how it promotes recovery and wellness. Here are seven of the top benefits:
- Lowers Fall Risk: If you are concerned about balance and coordination issues, Aquatic Therapy is a game-changer. In a safe and supportive aquatic environment, you will regain confidence and reduce the risk of falls by improving these skills.
- Helps with Balance and Coordination: Whether recovering from an injury, dealing with a chronic condition, or simply looking to enhance performance, aquatic therapy can help improve your balance and coordination—the resistance provided by water challenges your muscles, enhancing your overall stability.
- Reduced Stress on Joints and Bones: Water’s buoyancy provides a unique advantage by alleviating stress on your joints and bones. The buoyancy makes Aquatic Exercise an excellent choice for individuals with arthritis, back pain, or orthopedic injuries. By reducing the strain on these areas, you can engage in rehabilitation exercises comfortably and with less pain.
- Builds Muscle Strength and Endurance: Water is hundreds of times more resistive than air, making it ideal for building strength and endurance. Your Therapy Network therapist will guide you toward improved muscle tone through exercises.
- Increases Aerobic Capacity: Water-based exercises elevate your heart rate and enhance your cardiovascular fitness. Aquatic Therapy offers an enjoyable and effective way to improve your aerobic capacity without placing excessive stress on your joints.
- Improves Joint Flexibility: Aquatic Therapy can help you regain and improve flexibility if you struggle with limited joint mobility. The water’s resistance enables you to move your joints through a greater range of motion, restoring joint function and reducing stiffness.
- Reduces Swelling: Aquatic Therapy can effectively reduce swelling in injured or inflamed areas. The pressure exerted by the water helps to improve circulation, promoting healing.
As a bonus, can Aquatic Therapy help you lose weight? “Aquatics therapy is considered superior to traditional forms of physical exercise for individuals who are overweight and obese. When coupled with a new diet, aquatics therapy can help people lose weight safely and effectively.”—ClassicRehabilitation.com
Aquatic Therapy has significant benefits, but how else does it promote recovery and wellness? What conditions can benefit from Aquatic Therapy?
Conditions that Benefit from Aquatic Exercise
Now that you are familiar with the benefits of Aquatic Therapy, you may wonder which conditions can benefit from this physical therapy approach. Aquatic Physical Therapy has been successfully used to treat a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Back Pain
- Balance Disorder
- Chronic Pain
- Relief from Diabetes Symptoms
- Joint Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Orthopedic or Sports Injuries
- Post-Operative Conditions
With the list of benefits and conditions improved with Aquatic Therapeutic Exercise, we hope that we have answered the question, “Does aquatic therapy promote recovery and wellness?”
Aquatic Therapy at The Therapy Network
The Therapy Network is here to support you on your journey to recovery and optimal health. Our team of skilled physical therapists specializes in customizing your PT journey and will guide you every step of the way.
Read more on our website.
Experience the power of water in healing and transforming your body. Did you know you do not need a physician’s referral or prescription to schedule an appointment at The Therapy Network? Contact us to schedule an appointment in the Hampton Roads region of Virginia.